WHAT TO EXPECT
Spending a summer as a camp counselor is unlike any other experience or job you will ever have. Where else can you work and play really hard, get adult experience while reliving your youth, and have a lot of fun while getting really tired?! Here's what you can expect during your time with us:
1. To gain unbelievable experiences working with children
2. To improve your leadership, people and organization skills; to learn how to be a better communicator with children, peers and parents
3. To make friends of all ages and from all over the world
4. To go to bed at night humming Taps or other camp songs
5. To work hard, I mean really hard!
6. To get to be a hero while killing a scorpion or centipede
7. To feel proud when "your" camper accomplishes something new, especially when it is something you taught her
8. To eat way too many delicious meals and desserts. . .think brownie fudge pie, caramel squares, bananas foster. . .yum, yum, yum!
9. To spend your off period joining another class and learning a new skill
10. To feel excited, scared, nervous and happy all at the same time
11. To make a lasting impression on children's lives
12. To love your summer job and want to come back next year!